Sunday, May 26, 2013

Do you think Christians are Freaks? If so, you are not alone!

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, and your ways are not My ways,” This is the Lord’s declaration.  “For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55: 8-9
Someone reading this blog today may despise Christians.  You look at them and think they are hypocrites, small minded, prejudice and just plain freaks! They puke scripture all over you, without knowing anything about you or building any type of relationship.  They can be extremely political taking the stands against the majority of what “normal Americans believe.” They don’t look like they are having any fun and the people you know who praise and honor the name of Jesus in your eyes don’t look like they serve this all loving and powerful God.   The minute you disagree with them they reject instead of embrace. Maybe you see me this way, if so please forgive me.
If this is you, please know you are not alone!  Even though I accepted Christ in my life years ago, I couldn’t stand the religious type of Christians. Here is the good news Jesus rebuked the religious types. “Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! You clean the outside of the cup and dish but inside they are full of greed and self-indulgence.” Acts 23:25
 I believed in Jesus but strongly disliked anyone who classified themselves as a conservative Christian.  I thought these type of people were closed minded, prejudice and hateful.  Have you heard the saying, “forgive them Father because they do not know.”  These are words Jesus uttered moments before dying on the cross.  It was his people, the ones he came to save that sent him to the cross to be crucified.  I didn't realize I was just like those Jews killing Christ in my life by condemning people I did not truly know because they stood on the word of God. 
God  was trying to work on me but I was not willing to give up my own thoughts and open up to His.  A friend and leadership consultant said this to me one day, “you know the saying, if you believe in everything you one day will fall for anything.”  That statement began to marinate in my heart and mind and slowly began giving up my ways to learn God’s. 
Don’t get me wrong.  There are some crazy people out there who proclaim the name of Christ.  There are some people who give Christ a bad name.  (I’m now singing a Bon Jovi song!) Don’t let those few people keep you from a relationship with Christ.  God taught me a few years ago, to look at Him and love the ones around me and see their brokenness.  We are all at different walks in life in our relationship with God.  Some are far from him, others are just beginning (this means they could have been going to church and known Him all their life but finally allowing Him to break  walls down and let the healing begin) and others are a little bit farther from the rest. 
Me, I’m somewhere in the middle.  I’m still learning, making mistakes, growing and loving God more and more every day. I pray that you don't see me or other followers of Christ as  over zealous  legalistic Judgemental Christians.  (Yes, they are out there, but for the most part the majority of Christians, if you give them a chance , will realize their heart is in the right place.  They may just a few problems with communication and people skills!!! ) You heard the saying, “hurt people hurt people.”  However, people who have found Hope want to share Hope.  This is my hope that just one person will read this and decide to give up their ways and open up to His.

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!