Monday, December 6, 2010

Can You Please Forgive Me for Stealing???

Have you ever did anything that you know you shouldn't do, but you think what the heck, its really know big deal?  You try to find reasons to validate what you are doing.  It happened to me this past month.

I knew better but sometimes we make mistakes and give in because everyone else is doing it.  Thankfully, I surround myself with people who encourage me but also hold me accountable for my actions.  It hit me a few weeks ago, when talking to a friend a church.  If the saying is true,"how you do anything, is how you do everything," then the littlest things matter. 

Anyway, mark and I are doing p90x. My cousin has the dvd's and to save a few bucks, we asked him if we could borrow his cd's.  I decided lets burn the DVD's so we have our own copies.  There are people I'm sure that don't think there is anything wrong with this, but there is its stealing.  There are people who make a living selling CD's and DVD's and if we burn them we are taking money from them.  I'm sure there are people who think, some of these people make a ton of money and they don't need it or will miss it and that is still wrong.  They have worked very hard putting there info out there for us and if we can't pay for it then we don't need it.  If you want to make a ton of money like them, then create your program.  One day I hope to have CD's and books out there and would I want someone stealing from me? 

The little things matter and they all add up.  Think about it all it took was a bite of an apple from Adam and  Eve in the garden.  They knew better but they I'm sure they thought just this one time won't hurt and it did and we are all paying for it because of one dumb little but huge mistake.  "Let the thief no longer steal, but rather let him labor,doing honest work with his own hands, so that he may Have something to share with anyone in need." Ephesians 4:28.  "you shall not steal" Exodus 20:15. "And Jesus said, You shall not murder, you shall not commit adultery, you sall not steal and you shall not bear false witness. "Matthew 19:18.

So, the DVD's we burned are going in the garbage.  I'm so thankful God is a forgiving God and can forgive me for making such stupid mistakes! Thankful for my dear friend for remindng me!

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!