Monday, January 3, 2011

SPEAKER Kim Watt - Les Brown Student

As Les Brown says,"you don't have to be great to get started, but in order to be great you have to get started." Someone may be watching this and think this video stinks and it just might! My friend just called me and told me it was on you tube! I don't know about you, but I really hate watching or listening to myself. I'm very critical and hard on myself and sometimes I guess that can be good because it keeps us humble but it also can paralyze you and we never take a chance to go after a dream that God placed on your heart. We think sometimes we have to know it or be perfect before you can do something and that is a big fat lie! I know I'm nothing special in this video and I was even worse a year before that! But I also celebrate the fact that I stepped out on faith and had the courage to begin a life long dream. The crazy thing is what I thought I was going to do God has a completely different plan! Trust me is plan is better than anything we can ever dream of, but we have to be willing to step out.

I was so nervous doing this PBS special. Les Brown took 4 of his students and gave us 5 minutes each to speak! You might think 5 minutes is easy but its way harder to do 5 minutes than it is to do 30 minutes! When I watch this, I know I've grown so much since then, thankfully! As I was speaking in this video, there was so much going on spiritually. God was working on me but I still didn't know him. I believed in Jesus but had know idea who he really was. If I didn't know who he was how could I know who I was?

Since then I've dedicated my life to him. I know I'm nothing with out him and everything with him. My views on life have changed and I've grown so much since this experience.

All of us have something God wants us to do. We all have talents and skills but its so important to continue to work on  them. I know many talented people who haven't did anything because they either thought they knew it all or didn't have to sharpen their skills. What ever you dream is get out there. You don't have to be great! Look at me, I'm not great but God is and he keeps on teaching me and the more I trust him and listen to him the better I get and its only so I can glorify him!

Remember don't let fear and doubt stop you from doing what God has placed on your heart to do.  "And Jesus answered them, Truly I say to you, if you have faith (a firm relying trust) and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, Be taken up and cast into the sea, it will be done. Matthew 21:21

8 comments:

Tim O'Dell said...

Wow... Julie the boys and I watched, nice Job. Michael just kept saying "thats Mrs Watt, thats Mrs Watt"

Todd said...

You've grown into a great speaker. Stop apologizing! Awesome that you posted it.

Kim Watt said...

Thank Tim and Todd. Todd, I didn't have any idea it was on you tube. A Friend called me and told me it was on you tube today!

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

That is my girl l- Kim, how wonderful, and I love it when you talk, talk, talk! Keep right on talking!

Anonymous said...

Kim,
You are awesome!! You are a great role model for all of us. I am a better person from you pursuing your dream, Thank You.
Pam Cusumano

Kim Watt said...

Sunday thank you for your friendship! Pam its so good to hear from you! I miss you! We'll have to talk soon!

Nu Vision Realty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amervis said...

Kim, I would love to chat with you 1:1 about your experience as I venture out to do the same. My number is 702-529-1172.

Please click here, if you would like to follow!