Monday, January 31, 2011

Getting back on track!

I finally made to it to Trader Joe's!  I've been wanting to go there for years, but just never seemed to get there!  Today, on my way to pick Makenna up for practice, Marie and I made a pit stop and did some shopping. (The stores were crazy today!  You would of thought we were going to be snowed in for days!  I wouldn't of gone shopping today, if it we were not down to nothing!)

I'm excited to get back eating healthy and buying more organic food.  Years ago, I was on a major health kick and was buying as much organic as I could.  I was even getting milk delivered to the house. ( i know when I do things I tend to get OCD about stuff!)  However, I ended up getting off track for various reasons.  Financially things changed and so did my schedule and slowly I let what I knew was important slowly slipping away from me.  The reason I began eating healthy  was because of my kids especially my son. ( it is amazing how much kids can change your life!)  They had food allergies and Markus was having problems with speech, motor skills and struggling with learning. ( he still faces some challenges but is doing great!) I knew  a what we were putting in our bodies was just as important as what was filling our minds. But life took its course and I got off track.

Thankfully, I have some amazing mom's in my life.  They really care about their families and themselves.  They helped remind me how important eating healthy is.  I realized I was using excuses on why I wasn't eating as healthy as we could!  I started educating myself again and reading some info they would suggest and did my research.  It started motivating me to get back on track.  Sometimes in life we know the answers we just need the reminders!  Mark and I are  not getting any younger and I want us to be in the best health and most importantly I want to teach my kids on good eating habits so they to can be healthy as they grow up!  Actually, eating healthy makes grocery shopping fun again! ( I know its sounds weird! and I realized if we were going to be eating healthy as much as I love when mark helps out and would sometimes grocery shop that had to stop!  healthy shopping is not on his list!!!)

Just like anything in life we get off track. Whether its with our eating, exercising, how we spend money, parenting, with our marriage, praying, reading the Bible, going to church, etc., but thankfully we have a loving and forgiving God who understands.  We just need to ask him to forgive us and get back up and try again!  Don't beat yourself up if fall down and mess up as long as you get back up is all that matters!  Also, surround yourself  with people you can learn from and can motivate you to live a better life!  I'm thankful for the people I know who love me enough to help and challenge me to be all that God has called me to be! 

2 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Ha! I stopped in Trader Joe's for milk on my way home from work tonight, the shelves were almost completely wiped out. How long are we supposed to be snowed in anyway?

Kim Watt said...

LOL!!!To bad we didn't see each other next time we'll have to make it a date and go get coffee afterwards!

Please click here, if you would like to follow!