Saturday, May 11, 2013

When you feel like you are fighting the world alone! Maybe you just need to throw your hands in the air and wave them around like you just don't care!!!

There are days I feel like I'm fighting the world when it comes to my kids especially when it comes to their health and education.

Doctors and professional alike  look at me like I'm crazy!  I'm not in the medical field nor am I some well educated professional, even though I did graduate from college years ago.    I don't have this big vocabulary and know all the right words to say.  So, when I open my mouth to ask a question, express a concern or explain why I disagree, I feel like I sound like my two year old.   There is something  bothering her but when she tries to share her feelings nothing but gibber jabber comes out of that sweet little mouth of hers!  Thankfully, as her mom I take the time to look deeper at the issue and know exactly what is causing the sadness. 

This is all I want.  To find people especially in the medical field who would  be willing to listen.  Everything in my heart is telling me that drugs are not the answer.  Everything is my heart t is telling me to change the food we are eating.  It would be so much easier to just go with the flow, but then it's not in my DNA. ( I'm thankful for our Chiropractor, who is working with us and helping us look at the whole body not just the symptom.)  When  people ask questions about health they look at you like you are nuts because you want to take a holistic approach to your  life.  I'm not totally against medicine.  I just believe there is a time and a place for medicine.  Again, I have a different approach to education  too.  Again, those same  people look at you like you have lost your mind!  Maybe I am a little crazy but   I love my family to much to just give up.  Everything in me is screaming to keep fighting know matter how hard it may be.

So, what can we do as moms when we feel like we are on the battlefield of life with our kids behind us and trying our best to shield them from this crazy world?  What do we do when we feel like crawling back in bed and give up the fight?  What do so when you just feel like crying?  Here is what you do.  You throw your hands in the air and wave them around like you  you just don't care!!! I'm just joking and have know idea why that song just popped in my head!!!
You continue to be that crazy mom who loves her kids more than your last breath you will take and love others regardless on how they may react to you.   If you need to have your own baby fit but get up and continue to educate, grow, love and fight for those kids of yours. You are the only voice they have and the only one who will fight for them.   It's what God calls us to do.  When we feel like giving up, He will continue to give you the strength   and courage to be the mom he has called you to be.He will never leave us nor forsake us.   The fight will never be in vain when you depend on Him. 

1 comment:

Sistergirl said...

You are your children advocate don't let others make you feel bad.
As they get older then things will naturally change however, when they are young you have to find their best interest.

Please click here, if you would like to follow!