Wednesday, May 22, 2013

ElderlyCouple


I'm reading the book, "Resolved 13 Resollutions for Life" by Orrin Woodward.  This quote was found on a bishop's tomb in Westminister Abbey. 


"When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits, I dreamed of changing the world.  As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change, so I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country.  But it, too seemed immovable.  As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt, I settled for changing only my family, those closest to me, but alas, they would have none of it.  And now as I lie on my deathbed,  suddenly realize:  If  had only changed myself first, then by example I would have changed my family.  From their inspiration and encouragement, I would then have been able to better my country and, who knows, I may have even changed the world."

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!