Friday, August 23, 2013

Friends with simple reminders


The other night my phone rang and it was my friend Cory.  (I wrote about him a few days ago, if you want to read more about him.)  He was so excited to share with me what was going on in his life.  He said, “Kim, are you ready?  You are never going to believe what God has been doing in my life.  You are going to be so excited for me.  I can’t wait to tell you!” His love and pure innocence is so refreshing.  I couldn’t wait to hear his wonderful news.   He began to share with me how he now has 17 friends on his face book page.  He was so thankful.   God has placed on his heart to start a prayer ministry.  These are 17 more people in his life that God has trusted him with, and he gets the opportunity to pray for each one. 

I hung up the phone, looked at my husband, and said, "if we all had a heart like Cory, this world would be a much better place."  Cory simply reminded me once again to appreciate everything I have in my life and to enjoy the journey. How many things do we (including me) take for granted?  God is huge, and there is nothing wrong with having big dreams. But, we can’t miss what is right in front of our faces. Yes, we should have a bigger vision for our lives.   However, what I have learned in the process is, if God can trust us with what he has given us first, much more will be given.  This includes not only the big blessings, but the small ones, too.  It’s not about the quantity, but the quality.  Maybe you are in a tough spot in your life right now, and you just can’t seem to find anything to be thankful for.  Here is a reminder.  You are alive and able to read this blog!   Being able to read, using, and having a computer are considered a luxury in many countries around the world.  You, my friend, are blessed!   

Cory reminded me to be thankful that I have people who actually read and like my Bringing Light to the Matter Facebook page! Yes, I want this page to grow, but I must remember not to focus on the numbers, but rather stay focused on God.  I need to continue to be (and trust me I am) thankful for just having one person like this page!  Seriously, I’m shocked anyone would want to even read what I write!  So, if God brings more, great, and if not, I’m grateful and enjoying what I’m doing. If a few, or even if nobody decided to visit this page, it’s ok.  I’m doing this for His Glory, not mine!

Today, no matter what you may be going through, find your blessings.  Be thankful for where you are at, and as God can trust you, he will be the one to promote and give you more!  Thank you Cory for the simple reminders on life! 

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!