Friday, December 21, 2012

Conversations at the Dinner Table

I read a question posted  by Joyce Meyer, "Everything you do give your best.  Have you given with excellence today?"  It made me think of my conversation with my kids at the dinner table the other night.  My youngest daughter  needed her bread buttered.  Everyone in my family knows ask Dad to butter bread not mom!!! ( Yes, we use real butter not margarine!)  I forgot to bring the stick of butter out of the refrigerator to let it soften before we sat down to eat.  The butter was brick hard.  I took the piece of bread and slapped the  butter on it!  I tried to spread it but then left a hole in the piece of bread!  Thinking nobody was paying attention, I passed the piece of bread to my youngest daughter.  My oldest looks at me and ask the question "would you serve this to the President?  My first thought was Yes!  She continued and asked, "Would you serve this to God?"  The answer of course was no.  Conviction comes in all sizes!  Yes, even from your own children.

Makenna has an amazing heart and for such a young girl packed with wisdom!  She's not your typical normal teenager ( not claiming she is perfect!)  and I'm so thankful!  She sure does keep her mother in line that is for sure!!!

Everything we do should be done with excellence for the simple reason because we love our God.  Everything we do matters to Him and yes even buttering the bread!!

So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, Do it for the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!