Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Are you tired of Laundry? Here are a few tips on keeping your laundry from turning into mountains!

A few years ago, I found myself downstairs with what seemed like a mountain of clothes!  I thought maybe the scripture, "I tell you the truth, if you had faith even as small as a mustard seed, you could say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it would move'."- Matthew 17:20, would work!!!  It was moving alright! Just not in the direction I was hoping for!  It was taking over my entire laundry room floor.  This just didn't happen once in awhile. It was all the time.

 The kids were much younger at the time.  I would spend an entire day trying to get the clothes all caught up.  As soon as the clothes were cleaned and put away, the mountain would already  begin forming. I would want to scream and I probably did!  We have a shoot and the kids loved using it! (I think everything was thrown down it including toilet paper and toys! If I couldn't find something, I new where to look,  In the pile under the shoot!)   Because we didn't see the dirty clothes, we wouldn't bother to  look until we had nothing in the drawers to wear! I would walk downstairs and the mountain would be staring right at me!  I just wanted to run back upstairs and pretend it wasn't there!!! Couldn't we just go and buy new clothes and throw the dirty ones away!  Of course I didn't o this, but it sure crossed my mind.   Mark would be scared to put any of his clothes down the shoot, because he didn't know when the next time he would see the shirt, pants and even underwear again!  Thankfully, he is a guy and if needed he could just turn his underwear inside out and wear them again! ( I'm just joking kinda!)

As a mom, if we want to get better at something and grow we need to drop our pride and ask for help!  I want to be the best me that God has planned for  me to be.  I don't want to be anyone else.  I know who I am, what I'm strong at and what I desperately need help with and organiztion is one of them!  . If it wasn't for the grace of God and the people he placed in my life that have taught me how to be a better wife, mother and woman, I would still be a hot mess! I would still be complaining about everything but not willing to learn, try something new and change!   I'm still a work in progress.  However, without God and the beautiful people I have learned from, I wouldn't be who I am today. 

One day, my mom who I love dearly, came over to help me!   I seriously don't know what I would do without her.  She gave me a great idea on how to keep my laundry organized! 

If you are like I was and just sick and tired of your mountains of laundry, here is what I do.  If it helps great and if you think I'm a crazy person that is cool  just ignore this blog! You probably have a better plan than me.  I'm a slow learner and if there is anyone out there like me, this simple idea might save you from the hours I was wasting and the  stress I was feeling! 

My mom told me to buy a laundry basket for each room.  The kids have a basket, one in the bathroom and one in our room. This way we see the basket and when it begins to fill up, it's time to do a load of laundry.  This keeps it from forming into the out of control piles that would make me feel so overwhelmed.  This helps me do at this one load of laundry every other day.  Sometimes less and maybe sometimes more, but this way I don't have to spend hours folding and cleaning clothes.  Plus there is an added benefit!  My kids learned how to do their own laundry! They know when their basket is getting full,   walk the basket downstairs, sort the clothes, wash and dry them!  I do help them from time to time, but you better believe each kid except for Marie knows how to work the washing machine , dryer, fold clothes and put them away! It has helped me out so much.  Also, it has been a great teaching tool for the kids!

There you go!  If you are sick of your mountains of clothes in the basement, this is one idea.  You may not be able to tell the clothes to move from here to there, but you can create your own ideas that work for you, so you don't have the stress of spending your day off doing laundry or running around the house like a crazy person trying to find something clean to wear!  ( Been there and done that a million of times!  I was sick of doing that and new something needed to change! The change was within me!)



No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!