Thursday, November 24, 2011

Don't let Satan wreck your Thanksgiving!

Here It is Thanksgiving!  The kids were so excited to wake up and go down to the parade. Now, you think I would learn my lesson and get everything prepared the night before so I wouldn't have to  run around the house just before leaving!  Of course, I haven't. As I was walking downstairs to grab some extra blankets, I opened the door to a room in the basement where I store all the kids clothes that know longer fits them or toys that need to be given away or sold at a garage sale. 

A few months ago, this room was organized and clean. However, we get busy and I would just open the door and throw whatever needed to go in there and hurry up and shut the door.  It know longer looks like it did a few months ago, we now call it the abyss. If we can't find something, there is a good chance it is lost in this room!

(There is two lessons to learn from this, which I will post later.)   Satan loves to try to trip us up and get our mind off the things of God. Here I was getting ready to enjoy the morning with Mark and the kids but instead I found myself getting all stressed out and overwhelmed. I began focusing on what needs to be cleaned and organized. I started feeling my chest getting tight and the  anxiety began kicking in.

I had to take a few minutes pray and this scripture came to my mind. "So we fix our eyes not on what is seen but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."- 2 Corinthians 4:18

God is so good! He  had to remind me that the mess will be cleaned sooner or later and probably more later than sooner. It's only temporary but the memories with my kids are eternal. I would rather spend my day celebrating and being thankful than crabby about something that is really no big deal.

This Thanksgiving, as you are preparing for your family to come over or trying to get your husband, the kids and the dish to take over to friends or families house  ready, remember don't stress over what is not temporary don't let the enemy take you away from what is eternal. Being grateful and thankful this Thanksgiving Day! ( If your family drives you crazy as they show up at your door step or as you get ready to leave for their house  just keep reminding yourself of the scripture over, over and over again today!)

Happy Thanksgiving! Many blessing to you and your family!

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!