Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Experience on Black Friday!

This weekend Mark and I took the kids shopping.  Since they truly needed some new clothes, we decided to venture out on the craziest shopping day of the year! Black Friday!!!  We decided to go to Old Navy and then treat the kids to dinner.  Having four kids means when there is a sale on shirts for $5.00 , we have to take advantage of the situation, even if it means on Black Friday!

Before we headed out to the craziness, I knew I needed to set a plan, if I didn't I would walk into the store and be tempted with all the great deals and all the new clothes. As we all walked into the store the smell of new clothes and new trends grabbed my attention! ( I don't care to shop but I will admit I love clothes!) I looked at all the ladies working and how cute they looked in their new sweaters, boots and jeans.  All the people shopping  looking so much cooler than me!  I haven't been shopping for regular clothes since Marie was born.  The clothes I am wearing are becoming to big and my pre baby clothes I can't quite fit into. ( I can but I can't breath when I wear them!) The more I  looked  around at everyone else, the more uglier I began to feel.  I began to look at what I didn't have instead of being grateful for what I had.  I walked past the mirror and wanted to bust out in tears!

 ( Its not that we don't have the money to buy  clothes. The question is how much do I really need?  Thankfully, I learned to discipline myself and learn not to over indulge as hard as it is..  Years ago, I would of opened up a credit card and charged myself silly and then I would of come home and been sick to my stomach on how much I spent.  Anyone else have that feeling?  If so I have some bad news for you.  Credit Cards on not a blessing from God. If you don't have the cash to buy it then you don't need it. I don't think there is anything wrong with shopping and having things.  If God wants you to have them he will give them to you but there won't be an interest rate and monthly payments attached!  More on this later!!!)

I was getting sucked in to the world of materialism!  I was looking on the outside instead of the inside.  I know we all like to look nice and feel good about our self. But if we don't love what is in the inside first, nothing on the outside matters! Mark always says, its not what we wear but how we wear it!  Its the attitude.  The most beautiful women in the world are not the skinniest or the best dressed but the ones that know who they are and whose they are. We have to be very careful not to let those negative thoughts enter our head and most importantly we cannot feed them!

God whispered in my ear and reminded me of all the kids around the world this Christmas who will be not live another day because they simply don't have enough to eat and here I'm upset because I can't buy a ton of clothes.  He also reminded me that he will always give us what we NEED.  As I headed up to the cashier, my attitude changed and I was thankful for the few outfits we were able to buy. The best thing, the kid were so appreciated of what we bought them and there was no buyers remorse or feelings of regret!

That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life--whether you have enough food and drink, or enough clothes to wear. Isn't life more than food, and your body more than clothing.  Matthew 6:25.

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!