Tuesday, November 2, 2010

My Random Thoughts on Voting and Politics!

My views today are much different that they were 4 years ago. I never really cared about Politics because all it seemed to me was a bunch of people arguing, pointing their fingers at each other and never agreeing on anything!

I didn't want to get involved because I love people. It might sound silly or even a little naive, but it 's the truth. I figured I would live my life one way and let everyone do whatever they want. I thought politics were just bunch of people who hated each other.

But the more my kids grew and the more I learned about God, my views have changed. I learned that I couldn't keep my head in the sand. The reason I needed to learn about politics was because of my love of people. Staying uneducated and in the dark wasn't helping anyone. I needed to learn and know where I stood on issues and why and who I was going to follow, because like the saying goes , "if you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything." I was finding myself doing exactly that. Because I didn't know myself nor what I believed whatever anyone said sounded good to me. As I grew I realized everyone is screwed up and I couldn't stand on man's word nor the views of the world because like I said we are all messed up! None of us truly know what is best. The more I learn the more I do realize I really don't know anything and the only one I can trust is God and his word.

I never truly new God's word. I believed in God but didn't know him. I've learned it can know longer be what I think, it has to be about what God thinks. This was not easy for me, since I'm a the kind of person who rebelled against authority as a kid and even as an adult! Whatever my parents wanted me to do,(as much as I loved them) it seemed I wanted to do the opposite. You can imagine how hard it was for me to listen to God! I had to give up what I thought was right and trust in a much higher power!

See, it was God who convicted me. He knew how hard headed I was (and still can be at times) and put some great people in my life. They didn't nag me, they didn't argue with me, they didn't call me names because of my beliefs or views I had. Instead they stood strong on what they believed, supported organizations that had the same views as they did and voted for what they believed in.They lived their life according to scripture and loved people even if they didn't agree with them. As I learned and had questions, those were the people I turned to. They planted the seeds by living the life and being friends with me, even though we didn't see eye to eye. ( Remember its agreeing to disagree and doing it with love!)

I don't call myself a Democrat, republican, conservative or liberal. These names just cause division between people and that is exactly what the enemy wants. If a house is divided against itself, that house cannot stand. Mark 3:5. I'm a Christ follower.( I know when I say this, it freaks people out! Yes, I will proudly admit I'm a Jesus Freak!!!)

I will vote according to what God has convicted in my heart! We are all at different walks in our life spiritually. At the end of our life, its God we all have to give account to our actions and choices we make. I just pray that God continues to work on me. At the end of the day, I'm the only person I can change. Hopefully, the way I live my life and choices I make, will shine light on someone else. If I can change, anyone can!!!

But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear-Matthew 13:16

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!