Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Abortion. Is it wrong?

6 years ago, I was pro-choice.  The idea of someone telling me women  what they couldn't do with their own bodies, drove me crazy.  Personally, I wouldn't have an abortion myself but  my thoughts were women were going to do in anyway so why not provide a safe place for these procedures instead of some dark dirty alley. I would argue with all my pro-life friends and so arrogantly think I was right and how disconnected they were from reality. My skin would crawl when I would see people holding pro-life signs or the crosses lined up in front of a church representing how many un born babies died due to abortion.  It made me angry.  Pro-choice friends, I understand where you are coming from because I use to think the same way.  I would scream, " you are judging. You have know idea what that women is going through." ( Nobody knows what that women has or is going through.  But God does and turning to him is the only answer.  Having an abortion is not the answer. It may seem like it at the moment but  this will only bring more destruction to somenoe's life.) However, It was I who was being mislead and diseived.  (There are pro-life advocates who do not demonstrate Christ love when talking or standing up on this issue.  How those people choice react to pro-choice advocates I do not support. They allow their emotions take control, which I  know I can do at times to.  We are to stand firm on the word of God but do so in Love.)

Funny, how God can take someone who is willing to give their heart, mind and soul to him, and break it completely for what breaks his.  Every election I voted for Democrats and it never crossed my mind if they were pro-choice.  To think I voted for Obama last election!  CRAZY I know!!! ( I have learned to vote not base on Democrat or Republican but who supports issues that are in line with  God and Scripture.) So, as you read this blog, you can't call me racist or any other hateful names because anyone that knows me  knows how much I love people no matter the sex, race or religion.  However, I LOVE JESUS and listen to what He says not any friend, politician or pastor.  We have become so selfish in the way we think and live our lives.  We think it's all about us and how we want to live are life.  Society may say they love or believe in God but it's a God that they have created in their own minds, not the God of the Bible and the one who created the universe.  Everyone loves God as long as it does not interfere with their life or have to make changes within themselves.  Society wants God to serve us not we serve God. The minute God begins to convict us, we shut him out and run the other way.  Just think if your kids did that everytime you were trying to lovingly discipline them...How would that make you feel? 

What do you think God says about abortion?  Remember, not you nor me but God?  Do we care?  We should.  The world calls on God in great despair wanting Him to help heal their life, but then issues that God deeply cares about we disregard and pretty much laugh in his face.  Our country and many families lives have been affected by abortion.  ( If you have had an abortion or helped someone make the choice to have one, or given one and  asked Jesus to forgive you, he has.  He loves you and it's been forgotten.  Many people still hold on to it not forgiving themselves and in turn have sabotaged their own lives.  It shows up in their relationships, finances, in every part of their life and they way they feel about themselves. Not realizing it's the sin that is separating you from God and all his goodness.  You do not need to live in bodange anymore. Once they seek Jesus it sets them free!  The curse has been broken.)  Until we step up and change our ways, we should not be surprised by all the destruction going on in our own country.  I could give countless stories and statistics to support pro-life.  Do I really need to?  All we have to do is sit down, seek God, put our own thoughts and pride to the side and ask God.  I know you will be surprised to find the answer. 

Abortion is wrong. I'm not being judmental.  It's the killing of innocent blood.  God has a purpose for every baby that is conceived in the womb.  It's not up to us to decide whether or not a baby should live or die.  God can take a horrible situation and make something beautiful with it.  We need to stop playing God.  We need to stop making trying to fool ourselves on why abortion is OK just to make ourselves feel better.  Yes, I know bad things happen and babies are born in horrific situations and that  sucks!  Again, it's not about you or me.  It's about God. We are not the judge nor can decide who should die and who should live.  He care for everyone even and the precious baby growing inside the mothers womb...


Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart.


—Jeremiah 1:5

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mothers womb... Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.


—Psalm 139:13, 16

For You created my inmost being; You knit me together in my mothers womb... Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in Your book before one of them came to be.


—Psalm 139:13, 16

I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live


—Deuteronomy 30:


if you are considering an abortion, I urge you to seek help.  If you have had an abortion, God has forgiven you.  You can take your situation and use it for the Glory of God and help other women not make the same mistake as you. 

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!