Sunday, September 2, 2012

Can a mom ever take a shower in PEACE?

 It never fails!  Every time I'm in the shower, one if not everyone including my husband needs to have a conversation with me!  I will announce to everyone, I'm taking a shower.  Please let me have at least 15 minutes of PEACE!!!  In the past if  the phone would  ring, Mark would bring the phone to me in while I'm actually in the shower!   REALLY!!! I would have to say, "Please tell who ever is calling, I will call them back!"  or "just don't answer the phone!"  The best one was, when the kids were babies and if they started crying he would bring them in there telling me,"they missed their mom!"  REALLY!!!! Can I please wash my hair and shave my legs alone!!!

Today, was one of those morning!  I sneak in the bathroom to get ready for church and sure enough Marcia barges in with a dilemma!  Now, here dad is in the other room.  But there is nothing like talking to mom when she is behind the shower curtain I guess!!!

She was upset because Marie broke her slimy toy ( I don't know what you call it) that she won at church last night.  Just before she started crying, I wanted to scream GET OUT and SHUT THE DOOR!  Can't this wait until I get out or go find your dad!  Instead I take a deep breath and calmly have this discussion and remind her  about when she was little and how she would do the same thing. How we need to have grace and patients with marie just like we did with her!  She stops and thinks for a second and said you are right mom!  She replied, "Show proper respect for Everyone" 1 Peter 2:17.  Left the bathroom and was happy as can be!

God  reminded me in that moment  of the scripture, Deuteronomy 6:7 "Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up."  Also,  I guess that also means when you are in the shower with soap and shampoo all over your body!  

Whenever we get the opportunity and the door is open to share God with our kids we need to take jump all over it, even if it's an inconvenience for us!   I'm thankful that God is always available to us anytime we need him.  I know I have all kinds of questions and take things to God in the middle of the night, early in the morning and even in the car while I'm driving the kids all over the place.  God never says, "I'm busy right now, go ask someone else!"

As Marcia was leaving the bathroom saying her bible verse, I did also remind her that , "God says Respect everyone, so that means to remember to respect mom's time in the shower next time too and Please shut the door!  She giggled, came back and shut the door!

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!