Sunday, September 16, 2012

Get out of the Corner "Baby"

Now, I know this is going to show my age, but do you remember the movie "Dirty Dancing."  Well, if you are in your thirties and forties of course you do.  When Baby ( I pretty sure that was her name in the movie) gets thrown in the corner, Patrick Swayze ( I can't remember his name in the movie at this moment) come over and says, "Nobody puts Baby in the corner." He reaches his hand out, she grabs on to it.  He  lifts her up and   begins to display her beauty.

How many times do we allow people to push us down, put us in the corner, call us names or try to mold you into the person they want you to be especially in the Church.  Now, I'm not putting down the church or my church nor blaming it.  We are human and broken people who make mistakes.  I'm know different and I'm sure I've hurt someone along the way of their spiritual journey as well. 

For me, I've been on fire for Jesus for sometime now. I walk with him every single day. This does not mean I don't screw up because I do, but in the seconds or moments He convicts me, loves me, forgives me  and keeps me going.  However, there was a part of me that was slowly dying inside.  Jesus knew this and so did I.  I began to allow people's opinions especially people who love Jesus bring me down.  I've been accused of being prideful, bragging, selfish and so on.  I may be some of those things at times, I will admit it. But these were from people who did not know where I was in my life nor knew me.  They did not know my heart.  Thankfully, my Lord does.  I began to want to hide the beauty that Jesus had done in my life, because of the criticism and judging of others. 

I do not brag in anything I do.  Let's be honest.  I am a screwed up person and left alone my marriage would be failing and my kids would not be who they are today and I would still be lying in all my filth.  You may be reading this and say, "What are you talking about."  Maybe if you looked at my life from the outside and compared it to other people, it wasn't so bad.  Maybe I haven't been addicted to drugs, murdered someone or on the streets."  But when God looked at me and my sin he was disgusted.  I was slowly dying and was stuck in the pit of Hell.  Mark and I were beginning to drown and the only one who saved us from that Hell was Christ.  Just like Patrick Swayze, He reached His hand out, I grabbed on to it with all my might and He lifted me out of the mess I was in, cleaned me up and displays me for all His Glory.  I only boast in Him because without him I am nothing.

No longer am I going to allow fear of people and the opinions of others get in the way of me and Jesus.  No longer am I going to allow someone put me in the corner and make me into something I was not meant to be and neither should you!  You have been made in the image of God.  Christ died for YOU and ME.  He died to take back what was lost.  His is your redeemer.  He has something for you my friend and it's time you rise up, grab on his hand and allow him to lead you in His beautiful dance so the world can see Him in all your beauty. 

Therefore, as it is written: "Let him who boasts boast in the Lord." 1 Corinthians 1:31
 
"As for me, may I never boast about anything except the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ. Because of that cross, my interest in this world has been crucified, and the world's interest in me has also died." Galations 6:14

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!