Sunday, August 19, 2012

Home School Jitters

As school is approaching I wanted to share with you my first day of homeschooling 4 years ago!  

 My children were  use to being in the public school, for the past 4 years, so even though we were so excited to start our new adventure there was uncertainty.  The closer the first day of school came the more doubt I began to have.  All the excitement of buying new school clothes, school supplies (which we still buy), back packs, lunch boxes, talking with other mom's about what teacher their child had and who was going to be in their class, I was beginning to miss.  
I wasn't part of the those conversations.  I began to feel all alone. I met a few people who home educated, but I was not close to them.  

So when the first day of school came and the smell of fall was in the air.  It brought so many first day of school memories of my childhood.  I looked out my window  all the neighbor hood kids were walking to school, the buses driving down the street and all the mom's crying as their kids began kindergarten, I thought what in the heck was I doing.

But then my kids climbed out of bed!  They looked at me with all kinds of excitement.  We ran downstairs to begin our first day and at first all we did was laugh!  

You may have those feelings this year as you begin your new journey.  You may have doubt, feel lonely or think you are wrecking your child's life.  I just want to encourage you that those first few days of  public school get old real fast!  
We may not be part of all the hoopla those first few days but I will tell you I have witnessed first hand of all the blessings of not being part of the world!  It will not be easy, but my friend it is a journey that will never be in vain nor will there be any regret.  Don't look at what your child will be missing because there isn't much just look ahead of all they will gain!  


"These commandments that I give you today are to upon your heats.  Impress them on your children.  Talk about the when you sit at home and when you walk along the road,when you lie down and when you get up." Deuteronomy 6:6-8

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!