Thursday, August 16, 2012

What I do to Kick start our morning!

Are you looking for some ideas or motivation to get your day started?  After God revealing my husband's health and the importance of me leading my family to eating and living a healthier life style.  I began to buckle down.  I needed to invest in learning, making better choices and putting them into action.  Not only for me but for my entire family. If wouldn't do it, then my whole family would suffer.

Here is a few things, I do to help my family. If you have any ideas to add, I would love to hear them. I'm always looking for ways to grow and improve. I hesitate to write about how I live and things I do, because I'm not bragging nor do I think I know it all!  I write for God.  So, if this helps you great and if doesn't thanks for visiting my blog anyways!

  • I get up early before everyone else gets up. 
  •  I walk in the morning to get some exercise and when my 2 year old coroperates and doesn't get up a ton of times in the middle of the night and sleeps in like she is suppose to, , then instead of walking I work out. However, the work out  does happen every morning!
  •  I find time with God and my Bible, which is my favorite time of the day! If mornings are not your thing, then find time at night, work out and get everything ready before bed!  Mornings are hard for me.  I stay up late and spend time with Mark but I know for me getting up early, is something I need to do.  It's something that has come with time!
  •  There Nothing is written in stone. as one of my mentors taught me b flexible, versitle and adaptable.   When things change or don't go the way planned you have to be able to go with it!  It will save you from getting in a bad move!  I have this saying embedded in my kids mind!!!
  • Then I make a smoothie filled with everything we need to get our day going.  Fruit, vegetables( try to have them all organic but it doesn't always work out that way), yogurt ( the kind from Calder's) and some kind of protein.  This way, I know my kids and husband are getting what is most important in their bodies.
  •  With the smoothie, we'll have healthy organic cereal.  If not organic, as healthy as we can get!  Sometimes, we'll have eggs, oatmeal or pancakes.  Normally, it's simple.  A smoothie , cereal and all of our vitamins.  We keep things very simple in the watt house.  It's easy to do and clean up and now we are ready for our day!    
  •  By eating this way and having our vitamins ( becareful not all vitamins are good for you...do your research.  I make sure the kids get their whole food multi vitamins, vitamin D3, and their omegas)   helps stop any cravings during the day and I don't find and I don't want to snack!
  • I try to make my husband his lunch every morning.  He'll make his lunch sometimes, but for the most part, I get up make it knowing then he is eating something healthy and not stopping off and eating fast foods.  Plus it saves us money!


I find when we eat healthy, everyone is in a much better mood!  I know when I get my time with God, eating right and exercise, I'm ready for the day!  I don't do any of this to try to be the best mom, wife or to be perfect because I'm not.  I do it because it's what God expects from me.  Because everything we do including the small things matter to God.  I do it for God.  He is my motivation and my love for my family. How we do anything is how we do everything!

Dear friend, I pray that you may enjoy good health and that all may go well with you, even as your soul is getting along well."  3 John 1:2

 I know deep in my heart that by being obedient to God and taking care of my family, will produce awesome fruit!  It's going to take time and I may not see it over night but all the hard work is going to pay off! When we start off our day on the right foot, then we are ready to face whatever comes our way including babyfits!!!

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." 1 Corinthians 10:31

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!