Monday, August 13, 2012

It's Time to Put on Your Shoes and Take Care of You!

Carting the kids from place to place, having their friends over, grocery shopping, cleaning, cooking, you know the deal, can be exhausting!  This is just to name a few things on a mom's plate.  There is so much more that we do that we often forget or either that decide to throw the towel in on taking care of ourselves.

Why do our hair, makeup and put on cute clothes and for that matter cute shoes?  What's the point?  By the end of the evening there are many nights I look like a train just ran me over!  My mascara is smeared under my eyes, my hair is looking crazy and food stains are all over my shirt. 

It's easy at least for me to get in a rut and forget about taking care of myself.  It takes effort and when our focus is on our family and kids we tend to our put needs to the side.  But God didn't not create you or me to feel like a torn up dish cloth nor does he want us to look like one either.  It's important for us to take time with God, reading his Word, eating the right foods, exercise and yes putting on makeup and putting on outfits that helps us feel better about ourselves.  I know when I get up start my day with God and take care of myself my days feel more productive and I just feel good about me,being a mom and being a positive influence on my children..  But when I don't start my day with God and just let myself Go, it changes everything.  

God did not create us to put a bag over our head and hide the beauty he created.  He loves you and you are his masterpiece.  It's not about getting up and taking care of yourself to please the world or for any selfish reasons.  It's to Glorify God.  Seriously, grouchy, moody, tired and frumpy people are not the best witnesses of Christ.  You don't have to spend tons of money on clothes. It's your additude you have toward God and yourself that make you beautiful.  It's doing the best with what God gave you and being grateful for it!

Honestly,I felt myself starting to let myself get a little sloppy.  We are on a budget. We have four kids and I'm a stay at home mom.  We don't have the extra money for me to go out and spend tons of money on the latest styles ( nor would I want to anyways.  We want to be wise with the   money GOD gave us  and how we use spend it so my kids can also see it's not spending all your money on material possessions. Plus, there are millions of people around the world that don't have clothes or even a pair of shoes to ware. So, this conversation isn't even an option for them.  So, I'm extreamly grateful for God's grace and mercy and what he has given me.) I have a friend that I just love and admire. She came over my house one day wearing the cutest high heels.  We weren't going anywhere but letting the kids swim in my backyard.  She looked great and you knew she felt great about herself. She inspired me to get my cute shoes back on and I do not have to let myself go just because I'm a  Christian and a busy mom! For that same reason is why I should take the time to make myself look and feel better because I love God, my family and all the blessings He has given me.

Ladies, take time for you!  When you get up early, put on your makeup, get dressed and wear a cute pair of shoes know matter if you are wiping butts all day or carpooling it will help change your day!  When your kids have a tantrum in the store you can look around at all the other mom's and say at least I have my shoes!!!  

Have an awesome day today!  Always remember

" For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago." Ephesians 2:10




No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!