Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Will the Real Slim Daddy Please Stand Up!

Ok!  I have to admit the title is a bit cheezy!  I might of even used it in one of my past blogs and yes it tells my age too.  It's a song by M&M years ago! 

Today, Mark and I celebrate 14 years of marriage and with our anniversary and father's day on Sunday blogging about the men in our life seemed appropriate. 

Mark and I were talking just the other day about how important it is the closer we become to each other and Christ the deeper we need to get in his word becasue we have now become a threat to the enemy himself.  I know there are some new christians or non belivers that don't understand Satan and I understand becasue I use to think that was the craziest idea ever and that people just used the devil as an excuse. 

Satan attacks mark completly different than me.  Mark being the head of our household has pressure on him.  He is responsible for me and our 4 kids.  As much as Mark trust and belives in Jesus there are moments of doubt and insecurity that affects him and the rest of us.  The world begins to push on him and most men wanting them to believe they are not successful.  They begin to believe the lies that they  are failing becasue they may not make the money they feel they should be making or driving the car they dreamed of or their savings account seems to be dwindling or the house needs a ton of fixes ups but never have the time to do it.  The worries and uncertainity about the future begins to play in their minds.  The devil is screaming" YES, I have a foothold!!!"
They, He or even we get in the zone of focusing on ourselves or our family.  We begin to idolize the things of the world instead of God and his word. We begin to let believe what  the world says we need or should do and  begin to worry about stuff we shouldn't not even let entertain our minds. Jesus doesn't say anything about security or comfort.  He says the complete opposite. 


As they were walking along the road, a man said to him, " I will follow you wherever you go." Jesus replied, "Foxes have holes and birds of the air have nest, but the Son of Man has no place to lay his head....

Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God. Luke 9:57-62)

All of us need to trust in Jesus and his ways. It doesn't mean it will be easy or glamours even though many churches are preaching and telling you a different message.  It will be risky and it will be worth it but my friend Satan knows that if he can take the dad out of the picture the whole family and society will begin to break apart. I'm not saying that single mom's or divorce families can't be used by God or that familes without a dad can't stay the course but it will be hard. In my opinion and many others, if you take a look at our society and our world the reason we are in the mess we are in is because of the missing dad and broken families.

I'm thankful Mark heard the call and so has many men I know including my own father  are stepping up and leaving the worldly ways behind and becoming the men God meant for them to be.  Yes, there will be times in all of our lives especially in our men when things get hard and temptation to give up will be there but at those times our Men need to be aware of what is really going on and be willing to fight with Christ on their side.  I'm thankful for the men that decided to stand up!  Please,  men we need more Christ  daddy's to please stand up! 


" Then he said to them all: "If anlyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.  For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses hi slife for me will save it.- Luke 9:23-24

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!