Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Do we wait or do we Go?

I don't know about you but sometimes when reading the bible it causes me to have multiple personalities.  Of course I'm joking when I say that but this is the reason I say this.

God is calling each and everyone of us that is a Christ follower to serve and take care of the poor, the orphans and widows.  It's about loving our neighbor in our family, community and acorss the ocean on  the other side of the world.  We are the hands and feet of Christ.

As much as I want to run, serve and do so much for Jesus, I have to remember to wait on him. It's not what I want to do it's what and when he wants me to do it.  Do I go or do I wait?  What do I do first?  If you are in prayer and seeking God he will lead you. It won't mean we may not mess up but if we do, he will put us back on the right track. 

We are called to do something but then He tells us to wait!  I sometimes feel crazy or that song comes to my mind should I wait or should I go now!!!  The reason he tells us to wait and least he tells me because he knows the first ministry he has given me has to come first and that is my family. 

I have witnesses many awesome Christians who have the right intentions and are running after the things of God, wanting to help other's but then get their priorities mixed up.  I often wonder if it is really for God or for themselves.  I don't say that to be hurtful but the people God has first given us and trusted us with come first.  If you are a parent, then raising and training your kids should be your first priority.  Not that you can't serve and help others while being a mom or dad, but it's when the kids get pushed to the side and everything else comes before them. 
 " What Good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul." Mark 8:36 or stated differently what good is it for mom or dad to be in a ton of ministries, busy at church, working tons of hours, running after wordly possessions, looking for approval from man and sacrificing your relationship with your children?  Is it really worth it? 

I know God has called me to do more but in HIS time because the little ministry I have right here in my home may not seem much to the world but it is everything to God and to me.  I want my children to want to run after God not away and serve HIM in everyway possible. One way for that to happen is to take the time and raise them the way God inteneded and not put them aside on the back burners...They matter to God and they have to matter to us! 

But if you cause one of these little ones who trust in me to fall in sin, it would be better for you to be throuwn into the sea with a large millstone hung around your neck. Mark 9:42

Our children have free will, but I will do what God is calling me to do and wait on him not getting to busy or forgetting his children he has blessed me with.  The last thing I want is to be the cause of my children running the oppostie way. 

Yes, we should serve and reach out but seeking God and what HE wants not what we want. At this moment I know God is calling me to more. But he is also pulling the brakes at the sametime preparing me for what is to come.  But I need to be obedient and not step out to soon becasue my family and our foundation in Christ is crusial.

Yes, we may feel a little crazy at times wanting to go but then knowing we have to wait but when we are truly seeking Jesus there will be no crazy just complete peace and my friend that is called FREEDOM!!!

Prepare and wait on God but once he says to Go you better get a move on!!!

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!