Monday, February 7, 2011

Please God help reveal to me if pride is still in my heart....

  I've been praying and reflecting  its amazing how much pride I use to have in my life.I never really understood what pride meant and to be honest still learning exaclty what it means and looks like. I know from past experiences its something I never want to enter my heart again.  I'm human and make mistakes and its something that can sneak into your heart if you are not careful.  Just because God has set me free from pride and many other things in my life doesn't mean it can't happen again . Its so important for me to keep my head and heart in the Bible and stay focused only on God.
 I know opening up isn't easy  and growing deeper can make you feel very vulnerable.  I know as much as I love learning more about myself the initial part is scary for me still to this day.  I'm afraid that people will see that I'm not good enough, laugh or think less of me.  However, those thoughts are crazy and not true and the enemy wants you to believe them so you stay the same.  When you stay the same you can't help grow God's kingdom and you are then not  a threat to the enemy.  I'm thankful for the people in the past and the people God has placed in my life today that they  love me enough to challenge me to grow but with love, patience and gentleness.

  The next few blogs, I will be sharing with you how I was filled with pride  and what it looked like and how and what God has reveled to me now about pride. When you can humble yourself and ask God to show you his ways, its awesome what will happen in your life.  The Bible says, "Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall." -Proverbs 16:18. 

I would like to share with you what my friend/mentor has shared with me.

Below is a list of just a few rewards we will gain if we have true humility.


~God's rewards for Humility~

We get to have peace when we are humble

God give's us His grace when we are humble *James 4:6

He crowns us with salvation when we humble our self before Him *Psalms 149:4

Our prayers are heard when we are humble

Confidents that we have done our best for HIM when we do things with humility

God honors the humble *Proverbs 15:33, 18:12 Mt 18:4

He sustains the humble *Is 66:2b

Humility brings godly wisdom *Proverbs 11:2 James 3:13

We will depend on Him if we are humble

He shows favor to the humble *Is 66:2b, Ps 25:9

We defeat Satan when we are humble!


False humility is feeling guilt and shame when you have already been forgiven thru repentance. This false humility is pride. Pride says are ways are higher then Gods ways and the cross isn't enough.

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!