Saturday, February 19, 2011

My Prayer Tonight

Dear God,

Thank you so much for all that you have done in my life not only the good but the ugly to.  Everything that has happened in my life has helped me get where I'm at today and that is with a relationship with you.  God my prayer tonight is that you use mark,the kids and me in anyway you need to bring light to this dark world  and that you will be able to use us to bring more people to know and love you.  I pray that we will do whatever you ask us to do to bring glory to your name.  I know God that there are people that will be reading this blog and might think this is weird or that I have lost my mind because of the love I have for you, but God I hope you can help open their heart and mind to turn to you and not to this world.  I pray that they don't let people and even other Christians  stand in their way to know you that they understand that we are human and we will always make mistakes but not to focus on people but you God.  People will always fail but you are always faithful even in our darkest moments.   I pray that during good and bad times not only do you help mark and I stay focus on you and to continue to grow deeper but you help others know that there is nothing better in this life  than living for you. I pray that people know that living for you is anything but boring.  Its freedom and its so exciting!  It gives life so much more meaning and purpose.  God, I know I have so many prayers and so many things I want to do with my life for you but the one thing that means more to me than whether I speak your word, write a book, go on mission trips, make money, go on vacation, etc., is that my kids will always know your son Jesus Christ and live for him and him alone,  I pray  Mark and I do our job as parents to help them grow their faith.   The one thing  Mark and I  want is when we die and  go to heaven we want our kids to be with us there one day too.  I pray that my family, friends and people you put in our lives will know and love you too because not only do I want them to have heaven on earth today but I also want to spend eternity with them too. Yes, even the people who drive me nuts!  God I pray that whoever is hurting tonight that they ask you into their heart and to know they are not alone.  God I ask that you restore relationships between husbands and wives, parents and kids, families and friends.  I ask all of this in your mighty name Jesus!

God, thank you for loving me enough to give me ears to hear you and for forgiving me and changing me in ways that I will always be grateful.  Amen

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son for whoever should believe in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!