Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Being Free to be you


The hope for this blog, facebook, and twitter page is HOPE for anyone who needs support.  It is for anyone who needs to know that he or she is never alone.  My hope is to be real and honest, and to keep my messages simple about the life lessons God has taught me. If you don't believe in God, I want you to feel safe coming to this place, and I hope that you learn a few principals to help you along in life. (Yes, that is right.  I love Jesus, but I don't judge you if you don't.  I love you anyways.  You are free to be you without condemnation on my part.) 

Even though from the outside everything in my life looked hunky dory, I was once a hot mess. Nobody knew, and when I did begin to share my heart, I felt attacked or even judged.   When I needed to talk, most of the time I knew the answer, I just needed a place to be real. Besides my mom, I really didn't have anyone. (There are times you need people just to listen and then there are times you need to be smacked in the face. It's important to know the difference between the two.)  The more I tried, the worse off my life seemed to get.  But you know what? God is so good, and he knows exactly what to do to bring someone closer to him.  It doesn't always look the way we think. He brought some amazing people in my life and took me pretty much around the world in order for me to open up to him.

I would get advice from others like, if you would just believe in God everything would be ok. Are you kidding me?  I did believe in God, and my life was a hot mess.  God doesn't say anywhere in His word that life will be easy.  As a matter of fact, he says the complete opposite, especially when you decide to follow him.  However, He does promise to be with you every step of the way.  Believing in Christ is everything, but it drives me crazy when Christians offer this advice, especially when you look at their life and there is absolutely no fruit! Now, I know that is judgmental, because I'm sure God has changed this person to some degree.  But, you know what I mean.  They are miserable and there is nothing about their life that I would even want!  I remember thinking, God, I don't want to be like those people.  I love you, but their life sucks.  I want more.  I'm not underestimating Christ.  Don't get me wrong, believing in Jesus IS everything.  It literally is a choice between life and death.  However, many people who accept Christ as their Lord and Savior may be able to quote every bible verse you can think of, but they have never fully allowed him to heal them and take their spirituality to the next level.  They don't allow Christ to move them from point A to point B.  It breaks my heart when I see people who love Jesus, but are stuck because of religion, or because of the walls that they have built in their lives.  They refuse to let Christ knock the walls down because the pain is so great. 

I don't pretend to know all the answers.  I can only offer what God has taught, and continues to teach, my husband and me.  We are living proof of what Christ can do. I can teach you biblical skills that I've learned and applied to my life from people that God has used to transform my life.  I can offer encouragement and support.  But what I want the most is for you to know that you are not being judged.  This is a safe place. I write about marriage and strongly believe in the covenant between a man and a woman.  However, I don't live in your shoes, and will never know what goes on behind closed doors.  Even if one day you say it's enough, I just can't do it anymore. You will still be loved.  People can offer all kinds of words of wisdom, but at the end of the day your life and decisions are between you and God, not you and everyone you know.  At the end of your life, you will be the only one besides Christ facing God. You will have to answer to him.  As long as you continue to love him with all your heart, no matter what mistakes or choices you may have made, and ask to be forgiven, he will accept, love and welcome you with open arms.

"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”" Deuteronomy 31:6

No matter how much I write, please know this:  I hear you and sometimes the best advice is to say absolutely nothing.  To remember no matter what decisions in life you make, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friend." John 15:13  We must love our God with all our hearts, and love our neighbors as ourselves.    You can be real, and if you take everything I've written and throw it out the window, you still are loved by me, but most importantly by the God who created YOU and the universe!!

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!