Friday, July 26, 2013

Learning this one skill could improve your business, ministry or marriage from failing.


If someone were to ask you the question, “what is one of the biggest reasons for failed businesses, ministries, friendships and marriages, what would you say?”   Now of course there is not just one right answer.  However, there is one skill that the majority of people never take time to learn.  If they did, they would see major changes in their professional and personal lives.   The answer is learning more about people and how to communicate.  I’m not some big time financial or business expert nor am I some scholar at some fancy university.  However, I am a wife, mother and entrepreneur who have taken the time to learn about myself and the people around me! 

I love people but my people skills were not always the best and still to this day it’s something I work on.  I would be so focused on my wants, needs and thoughts not taking the time to listen to where the person I was in relationship was in their life, I would puke all over them!! When these same people saw me coming they would run the other way! 

Christians make this mistake all the time!  They have the right intentions; however many Christians want to prove how spiritual they are in their Christian walk forgetting about what Paul says about meeting people where they are in their life.  Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible.” 1 Corinthians 9: 19.  “I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.  I do all this for the sake of the gosepel, that I may share in the blessings.”  1 Corinthians 9:23

This is the reason our mission trip to Haiti was so successful.  We were with a group of people who understood how important this was.  We were not there to prove to each other or to the Haitian people we were superior.  We took the time to listen, learn and love each other exactly where we were at in our lives.  Because of that we were the hands and feet of Christ! 

Today, begin to learn more about yourself and the people around you. What are the dreams, wants and struggles of the people God has brought in your life.   Taking the time to learn and listen more about people,  has transformed my life both professionally and personally.  My relationship with my husband and my children are so successful because of taking the time to learn this one skill. 

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!