Wednesday, June 12, 2013

When we ask how?


I don’t know about you, but there are times I think really God.  Is this really what you want us to do?  How in the heck is this going to happen?  I want to know details and want it right now!!!  God in all his goodness speaks to my heart.  He shows me of where I started and how far He has brought me.  He shows me all the areas in my life  where I have trusted him and just took baby steps along the way.  He flashes images in my mind of where we’ve gone and what we have had done this far.  He reminds me when people laughed and said it was not possible but how He shouted stop listening to them and follow me and the blessings that have come when we are obedient to Him.  He brings the laughter of my children and the smile of my husband to never forget about the fun and joy He has brought into our life.

As I look out my window as the sun is beginning to rise and listen to the birds chirping in the sky, I say back to him, “I’m so sorry God.  Please don’t let me try to make things happen on my time, allow me to enjoy the journey and the blessings right in front of my face.  Allow me to continue to see the bigger picture and giving me the faith and courage to continue moving forward.  Thank you God for reminding me to have a childlike faith and not needing to know all the answers.   Thank you for renewing my spirit each and every day.  Thank you for calling me by name, loving me the way you do and allowing you to do your work in me.

Today, you may look at your life and think how.  God looks at you and says, “Me.”  He wants us to keep the bigger picture in mind, trust Him along the way and enjoy and be purposeful today.  The how is not important it is only Him that is…Tomorrow is never a guarantee we have only today!

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!