Thursday, November 29, 2012

What Does Greater look like to you?

What does Greater look like to you?  Is it the bigger house, the new car, an increase in your salary, or traveling around the world?  Does it mean your house looking perfect, wearing the cutest clothes trying to impress people who really could care less about you?!  Does Greater mean when your kids perform well in school, participate in sports or music and get accepted to a well known college? Does it mean having it all? There is nothing wrong with having your cake and eating it too, but it all depends on your motivate, your heart and why you want to be greater.

As a young girl, I always wanted what I couldn't have.  I remember my mom saying to me, "Kim you need to be in the moment.  Be happy with what you have."  My parents didn't have much money as we were growing up  and times were tough.  But when we had the opportunity to go somewhere or buy something new, I was thinking of the next best thing or how it could of been better or different.  Missing the opportunity to be grateful and appreciate what I had at that moment.  It never was enough.  This continued into my adult life. Thankfully, I have learned what Greater truly means. 

My Greater:

God has given me opportunities I thought would only happen in my dreams never becoming a  reality.    But what He taught me the most was I already have GREATER, it was just changing me and  the way I was looking at life .  These 6 years have been life altering. I guess I can't just say the past 6 years because God has been working on me for a long time! However,   In the last 6 years, He has shaken me and woke me up from my sleepy ways!  Looking from the outside nothing has changed. I still live in the same city, same street, same house I have lived in for the past 10 years.  I home educate my kids and they are with with me 24 hours a day 7 days a week.  Some people are probably reading this thinking  how in the heck is this greater!  My husband changed positions a few years ago and makes less money than he use to, I drive an older mini van, we don't have fancy decorations in our house or new furniture and we are on a BUDGET!  It probably sounds less than greater and that I must be smoking something!   However,  I've watched Christ do a miracle in my parents, transformed my marriage and  witnessed my children fall in love with the Lord! I've tried a million things and failed and almost all of them but I learn, get back up , keep believing God and stepping out in Faith.    I'm surrounded by friends who love and accept me for me and I even have a crazy dog who is just as weird as the rest of us!  If you would of asked me years ago, if this was Greater.  I probably would of said heck no!  Today, I will tell you my life is GREATER!  I still dream big and pursuing a even greater call on my life but not for me and not for materialistic reasons but for HIM  who is GREATEST!  For me, everything I'm experience from this day forward, is an added bonus!

I don't believe we can truly experience Greater until we can start small and recognize all God has given us.  It starts in our homes with our kids, our spouses and ourselves.  When we allow Him to do greater things in the these areas then my friends the doors will open to what ever else He has called you to do!  It starts with what you have right in front of you first and realize this is all you need, to stop comparing yourself to everyone else.Your life can be Greater if you just stop complaining! The saying that was mentioned earlier about having your cake and eating it too.  Well,  You will not only eat the cake but everything else He brings your way will just be the icing that makes it just that  more delicious!    This does't mean greater won't bring hard times, because it will. But that cake you are about to eat, will be worth every single bite! 

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!