Saturday, October 30, 2010

My Pitty Party

This morning when I woke up I was already exhausted and ready to go back to bed. I don't know if this has ever happened to you, but before I could even put my feet on the ground, I already had my entire day planned and thought about everything I had to do. Before my day started it was alreaady over with. I could of pulled the covers over my head and just went back to bed!

As Mark and I are trying to get ready for church, I find myself getting stressed out! I start thinking about all that needs to be done today around the house. The laundry, clean the house, school to plan, grocery shopping becasue we are down th the slim picking, etc., and by the time I walk back into my bedroom in my mind sunday is over with and now I'm thinking about Monday. As i'm getting myself worked up and giving myself a pitty party, I walk into the bedroom and Mark is sitting on the bed with the T.V on.

My head is about to spin and for a min. it did. How can he just sit here and watch football highlights? Doesn't he know how much work needs to be done? Am I the only one that can hear Marie crying? I'm tired. I was up with Marie during the night and I sure wish I could just sit down and watch something I enjoy on TV.

As I try to remain calm. I ask him," Why are sitting down?" He looks at me and says, "kim I just sat down for a second to cut my finger nails." I then realized I needed to take a breather!!!

Sometimes we can be very hard on our husbands. At least I know I can. Sometimes, I get upset becasue it seems like he is gets to have all the fun especially with the kids. He doesn't think about the the things that need to get done. around the house llike I do. While they are playing, I'm in the house cleaning. Does this sound famiiar to anyone?

God reminded me today about the story of Martha an Mary. Here are two sisters who opened their home to Jesus. I'm sure Martha was very excited about having Jesus in her home but she let herself get distracted and wasn't enjoying what was most important. She started getting upset with mary becasue in Martha's eyes she wasn't doing anything but sitting at the Lord's feet listening to what he was saying. Martha thought I'm doing all the work why can't I get to enjoy Jesus too! Jesus says to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and upset about many things, but only one thing is needed. Mary has chosed what is better, and it will not be taken away from her." Luke 10:41-42.

Whether you are a mom, single, married, divorced or widowoed. Being a woman isn't easy. We have many things on our plate at once. We find ourselves taking care of everyone else. Our kids, husbands, parents, grandparents, friends, church, etc., Sometimes and we are worn out feel like we missing out on something and lost the joy of doing what we once loved. When we feel like that we are focusing on ourself and not on Jesus. Jesus said there is only one thing that is needed and that is him. When we live for him nothing else matter. We are all human and find ourselves like Martha from time to time, but when we do we have to ask ourselves who are we really doing this for? Mary knew that Jesus would only be in her presence for a short time and not to take anything for granted.

Today, if you don't know Jesus ask him to come into your heart. Pick up the Bible and get to know him. If you do know him, stay focus on him and remember our lives are here today and could be gone tomorrow so enjoy what he has given you. Everything else can wait...

Wrtten by :Kim Watt

If you would like me to speak for your organization, please send me a message or email at kmcw1975@yahoo.como
If you would like me tag you, please let me know.

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!