Saturday, October 30, 2010

Letting Go of My Baby Girl

Edit
Letting my baby girl go.....
by Kim Watt on Thursday, September 30, 2010 at 9:37am
When I post comnts on Fb they are not just words to me. I truly mean what I write. God has waken me up and given me increadbile experiences and has helped me brake free from bondage! I tood a huge risk 4 years ago and went after a dream of mine since I was 18 years old. I was scared and didn't know what the outcome would be but I did it anyway. Today, looking back I'm so thankful I did becasue my mark, my two older kids, my parents and myself have rededicated our life to Christ. He has restored my marriage, relationships, and has helped me break free from many things that have held me back from doing what he placed in my heart to do. When I talk about things, I come from a place of experience and passion for wanting to help other people becasue I know what Christ as done for me. If I wouldn't of taken that leap of faith, I wouldn't be here today speaking and writing about the Word of God. Trust me they"re have been many obstacles trying to stop me from getting to this place.

However, having those experiences for myself and sharing them are one thing. Experiening them as a mother is a completly differnt story. One of my missions in life is to help by example to help my kids love God with all their heart and soul and to let them know that God loves them so much and has such a bigger plan for their life. I don't want my kids to grow up to bm e selfish and to think all about themselves. I want them to understand the gifts God has given them are to Glorif him and to use them to help bring people closer to Christ. I don't want medicocracy and this crazy world to get into their head. I've seen many Christians who love Jesus however they can't brake free from bondage as much as they would want to, fear and worry have left the paralyzed.

I found myself that Christian this week. I found worry, fear, and aneity creep into my head. Thank God I know the Word of God becasue I knew these feelings were not coming from God. Makenna at the age of 10 years old has been given an opportunity from God. He has blessed her with amazing talent and has open the door for her to go to Texas. She has qualified for national Top Testing and is in the top 100 for her age group. She is so excited!

Looking at this outside, I am so excited for her too, but as a mom I can't help but cry. I have been on my knees all week praying and weeping to God to please keep my little girl safe. Mark and I can't go with her and this is her first time to leave us and to get on a plane with out any family. She has her coach and two of her best friends with her and I know everything will be ok..But, Its still hard. I see by baby girl growing up and as I hold marie and rock her at night and then look at Makenna I ask God why does time have to go by so fast. She is growing up and I'm not ready to let her go. As much as I know this is an opportunity of a life time, that dang enemy will enter my brain and have me think of such horrbile things that could happen. I've been over irrable esepcailly to Mark. Thank goodness he is a good man and knew it has nothing to do with him, it was becasue I am very emotional about Makenna leaving.

People have said to me why are you letting her go she is only 10 years old. My answer is when God calls you have to listen and trust him. Makenna is learning so much during this whole experience. She is learning things that most adults haven't learned. I don't know what Goo has planned for her life and it may have nothing to do with gymnatics, but I know its something spectacular.

My prayer for you and for myslef is to not the enemy paralyze your vison for yourself and your family. Take the risk, live by faith and trust God. Pick up your Bible so you know the word of God and can cast out those eveil thoughts when they enter your brain.

Makenna is teaching people that you don't have to wait unitl you are old to go after a dream. That God is calling all of us to let go of fear and worry and to better ourselves so we can Glorify him. We don't have to be like the isralites. They wandered in the wilderness for 40 years and it should of only taken them 11 days. Makenna is proof that you don't have to wait you can start right now. You are never to young or old to live your God given purpose....


********** I did not proof read or spell check!!! Please excuse any errors!!! I'm on my way to take Makenna to the airport pleaase pray for her,her coach,her friends and for me....I don't want God to let me get in the way of the dream God has placed on her heart....I will be happy when Saturday is here and she is in my arms again

No comments:

Please click here, if you would like to follow!