Saturday, February 28, 2009

I'm So Thankful For My Hubby!

Three years ago my husband could not sit down and talk any sense into me! Whatever he would say I would disagree even if I knew he was right! I never wanted to listen to him nor did I honor or respect him. All I could ever see was what he didn't do. He didn't clean the house like I wanted, he wasn't romantic the way I wanted him to be, he wasn't outspoken like me basically he wasn't me and Thank God! I could never live with someone like me! Anyway, if he was like me we would probably be homeless somewhere! Mark is the complete opposite of me but we complement each other. Today, I was so bothered by something and I think out loud. So, he let me get what was bothering me off my chest and then he sat he down and told me to look at the other side. He was exactly right. I had a valid point but when something bothers you or you get upset, it really important to look at the root of the problem. What can you learn from the situation? Its so easy to go on with life and get along with people when everything goes your way but when there is friction or someone isn't treating you the way you think you should be treated you really have to look at yourself and ask what is it about you? Its real growth when you can find love in every situation even when things don't go your way. What are you doing to bring this into your life? What can you learn from the situation? I've learned to trust my husband, to honor him and to listen. To be more flexible and to not let my ego get the best of me and to love even when its not easy.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Hi Kim! Great post!

Just stopped over from MBC/Follow Me group. Wanted to say 'hi' and let you know I'm following! :-)

Please click here, if you would like to follow!